Friday, July 17, 2015

POSTBLOG FROM SEATTLE: Credit Card Fraud to Start the Trip

No sooner did we land in Seattle this morning than my credit card stopped working. A call to the customer service line revealed that someone has been using my card number to charge hundreds of dollars at Best Buy. So they are cancelling the card.

Oh but not to worry, they'll send it overnight to my home address, where I won't be for two weeks.

Could the timing be any worse? I need that card to pay for everything, from my baggage check tomorrow on Alaska Airlines to hotels to meals to wifi on the ship.

Argh!

After Clyde calmed me down, I realized that I have a debit card for use in just such a situation. I don't think the trip is ruined after all. Just a little excitement to start the vacation off.

It was a fun day anyway.

We spent the afternoon wandering around Seattle where I finally got to see Pike's Place Market. Last time we were here it was a Sunday night and the place was empty. This afternoon it was very crowded but I did get to see some dead fish.



And just to make the afternoon really great, the 7-Eleven near the hotel had sugar free slurpees. Yeah!

Tomorrow we head for Juneau, one step closer to our National Geographic cruise. Assuming I get some internet access, I'll try to post reports on BillsWeek.

No comments:

Post a Comment