Thursday, December 10, 2009

Holiday Newsletter Print Edition In Decline

Depending who you listen to, the demise of print media is either a tragedy leading to the downfall of civilization or an inevitable result of the democratization of information sharing via rapid advances in technoogy.

In any case, I'm not going to buck the trend. My annual holiday newsletter only went out to about 40 friends and family this year, mostly those who can't or don't use a computer. To save on postage and ink (I spent $80 on ink cartridges - that's more than the cost of the printer! What a racket!), I am posting my annual greetings and news online for my Facebook and blog friends to see.

I know it's a little less personal. I'm sorry if it makes you feel less special to me and I assure you that is not the case. I just believe in the democratization of information sharing via rapid advances in technology.

If you aren't mad at me, please read my Holiday Newsletter by clicking here.

And have a wonderful Holiday Season!

2 comments:

  1. I actually wasn't quite sure what to do with our printed newsletter. I couldn't send it to my iPhone to read later, I couldn't comment (in a public forum) on it, I couldn't forward a link to it to anyone. Phew!

    Now ... when is the audio-book version coming out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete